Very few people are born with perfectly aligned teeth. Because of this, many people can benefit from orthodontic treatment. Although we recommend that patients come in for their initial exam as early as age seven, people of any age can benefit from orthodontics.
When you or your child come in for your orthodontic exam in Memphis, Tennessee, Dr. Scott and Dr. Werner will determine whether or not you can benefit from braces or another form of orthodontic treatment. Our doctors may use diagnostic tools to determine if orthodontic treatment is needed. A treatment plan can then be formed that can meet your specific goals and needs.
Some common alignment and bite problems that orthodontic treatment can correct include:
– When the front upper teeth sit too far in front of the lower teeth in an overbite, which is sometimes referred to as buck teeth.
– When the lower teeth sit too far forward or the upper teeth sit too far back in an underbite.
– When there is space between the biting surfaces of the side or front teeth when the back teeth are together, which is called an open bite.
– When the center of the lower teeth does not line up with the center of the upper teeth.
– When there are gaps or spaces between the teeth.
– When the dental ridge is not large enough to accommodate all of the teeth.
We invite you to call Memphis Orthodontic Specialists, P.C. at 901-767-5415 today to learn more and to set up an orthodontic exam.